Monday Afternoon Ladies Curling
This is a ladies league where the teams are selected from those members who sign up. There will be four round-robin events and the team’s change for each event.
Convenor Cheryl Hooey -416-418-1072
Gail Allman - 705 340-2396
Youth Tuesday after school (October 25-December 20, 4-5pm)
Coach Heather Handley
Monday evening Mens league
Two or three sessions through out the year.
Skips will be assigned for each session and they will draw teams by a lottery system.
This is a league where individuals can develop in each of the team positions.
Bruce Hooey - 416-399-3014
John Donahue - 416-709-4690
2 - win, 1- tie, 0 - loss
Tuesday/Thursday Morning Open League
This is a social league where teams are selected from the members that sign-in each Tuesday and Thursday morning at 9:30am
Clive Walton - 289-385-6868
David Mellor - 705-928-5862
Greg Young - 705-341-5032
Darlene Young - 705-934-1229
Tuesday Afternoon Mixed Doubles League
Mixed Doubles format
Brenda Hann - 705 934-3588
Gail Allman - 705 340-2396
- Teams are composed of two players.
- The scoring shall be the same as in a regular game of curling. The "positions" rocks that are placed before the beginning of each end are eligible to be counted in the scoring.
- Each game will be schedules for eight (8) ends.
- Each team shall deliver 5 rocks per player. Player A delivers 1st and last rock of the end. Player B delivers 2nd, 3rd & 4th. Player A and B will switch ends in order to through their respected rocks.
- Modified "Free Guard Zone" - No rock in play, including the positioned rocks and those in the house, can be moved to an out-of-play position prior to the delivery of the 4th rock (Rock #2). If there is a violation and without exception, the delivered rock shall be removed from play and any displaced rock(s) shall be replaced to their origianl position by the non-offending team.
- Before the start of every end, one team shall place their team's positioned rock at the playing end of the sheet in on of two positions. Position: Guard Rock is bisected by the centre line, just behind the "G" on the ice, and is for the team throwing the first rock. Position: In house, placement so that the rock is bisected by the centre line with the front edge of the rock aligned with back edge of the 4-foot. This team is throwing last rock (hammer).
- Brushing If a team so chooses, they may forthey may have a sweeper at the same end as the thrower, and sweeper may brush rock to the t-line.
Wednesday Afternoon Bobcaygeon/Fenelon Falls League
Teams from Bobcageon CC and Fenelon Falls CC meet in an inter-club competition.
Brent Simpson - 705 934-0608
Paul Pinkney - 705-793-2161
Wednesday Evening Mixed Doubles League
Welcome to Wednesday Night Mixed Doubles. This is an exciting game of doubles curling with a slight variation from the professional doubles curling you see on TV. We anticipate starting our league Wednesday October 25th, 2023 and ending March 27th, 2024. Our 2023-24 season has been lucky enough to have an over sell of this league, so we are offering two schedules on the same evening with a flip flop of times of either 6:30 pm or 8:00 pm. We are limiting this league to 36 curlers, which will give you a bye in each time slot. So sign up quick!!
The game consists of eight ends with each team delivering five rocks. One curler must deliver the first and last rock of each end, the other team-mate will deliver the three other rocks. These positions will change each end. Sweeping is only permitted from the hog-line through to the target house. Please see the rules and ice rock placements attached.
We look forward to seeing you on the ice.
Karen Jepson - 705-454-9669
Thursday Evening Competitive League
Competitive League open to team entry (Skips Choice)
Teams can be Female, Male or Mixed.
Convenors Walt Hyatt -- 519-490-1204
John Donahue - 416-709-4690
1. Game will consist of 8 ends. 5 Rock Rule.
2. A minimum of 6 ends must be played. If both teams agree to end game after 6 or 7 complete ends, the winning team will be awarded an additional 1 1/4 point for each end not completed.
3. Scoring system will be 10 points for a win, 5 points for a tie, 1 point per end and ¼ point per rock, to a maximum of 12 rocks (3points). Maximum points per game = 21 points.
4. If you cannot make your game, you are responsible for finding a spare. Spares must be a member of this club and can be found on our website at https://www.curlfenelon.ca/. Go to Member’s Home – League Information – Find a Spare. You should also call on the teams with a bye for spares. If a spare is required for skip, no skip from another team will be allowed to skip your team. Spares can not play at a higher position of the missing team member.
i.e. a spare for a lead can play as lead only
i.e. a spare for a second can play as second or lead
i.e. a spare for a missing vice can play as vice or lower
i.e. a spare for a missing skip can only play as vice or lower
5. Each team must have a minimum of two regular team members and two spares maximum, or forfeit the game.
Teams must have three curlers present, or forfeit the game. If a team should need to forfeit their game, the other team would receive 15 points.
6. Coin toss by the vices of each team will determine hammer. Loser of toss choses rock colour.
7. Vices of each team mark the scoreboard.
8. Score sheets must be handed in to the convenor after each game. Winning team completes the score sheet.
Friday Afternoon Mixed League
This is a fun mixed league, similar to Friday evening start time is 2 PM.
Convenor Mike Janveaux - 705-340-2622
1. Game will consist of 8 completed ends, unless both teams decide to end early. 5 Rock Rule.
2. all ties will be broken by a draw to the button
3. this is not a competetive league, as such we do not keep track of scores nor wins/losses each week.
4. If you cannot make your game, you are responsible for finding a spare. Spares must be a member of this club and can be found on our website at https://www.curlfenelon.ca/. Go to Member’s Home – League Information – Find a Spare.
5. Coin toss by the vices of each team will determine hammer. Loser of toss choses rock colour
6. please be at the club, dressed and in the lobby at least 5 minutes before start time (2 pm)
7. please keep the speed of play up, ends are expected to take no more than 15 miinutes.
Friday Evening Mixed League
Greg Young - 705 341 5032
Darlene Young - 705 934-1229
Saturday Afternoon Mixed League
Saturday Late Afternoon Open Curling - 5-7pm, then dinner
Convenor Winston Fleming-Smikle - 416-575-6341
Amanda Fleming-Smikle - 416-716-4350
Senior Youth Curling (15 and up)
This is Senior Youth Curling coached by Heather Handley from 5 to 6 pm.